Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Host family info!

Host family news!

I will be living in Palermo (the "hip" district of B.A., with all the fun restaurants and a bunch of parks and artsy museums), right on Av. Del Libertador, which is a huge highway and one of the busiest spots in B.A. I'm living with Graciela LaDoux, an English teacher, and her husband in an apartment on the 7th floor. It's about a ten-minute bus ride from my school, which is closer than I expected!

This is going to be WONDERFUL. Hopefully my host mom can give me tips on which pieces of Argentine literature to read! :)

Although I'm living in a homestay, any mail can be addressed to me at my program's center address:

IES Abroad Buenos Aires

Carlos Pelegrini 1069, Piso 13

C1009ABU Buenos Aires, ARGENTINA


Also. I got Skype. My username is katelyn-kramer. I now have a netbook with a built-in webcam and microphone, so I'm ready to communicate from afar! Make sure to add me!


Love you all!

Kate


2 comments:

  1. YAAAAY! I hope your host sitch is fantastic! If nothing else, you're at least in a great location--meet some Argentine boys for me and eat some dulce de leche (alfajores are a must) and read some Cortazar (he's Argentine AND my fave Spanish writer) and love it so so much!

    ReplyDelete